This charter seeks to provide a framework which enables our Patients to kmow about our Hospital.
Standards of Service:
* This is a Medical College imparting quality education and providing multispecialty patient care.
* Standards are influenced by patients load and availability of resources;
* Yet we insist that all our patient/relative receive courteous and prompt attention.
It is located at Melmaruvathur on Chennai - Trichy National Highway. This hospital has specialists in various departments working throughout the year.
Nurses:305 (Including supervisory staff).
Beds: 650 Teaching Beds 25 Casualty Beds
Doctors wear white coats and nurses are in uniform.
All Staff member wear identity cards.
Enquiry, Reception and Registration Services:
This counter is functioning round the clock.
Location guide maps have been put up at various places in this hospital. Color coded guidelines and directional signboards are fixed at strategic points for guidance.
Telephone enquiries can be made over telephone numbers: 044-27529230 & 27529253 Fax: 27529393
Casualty & Emergency Services:
All Casualty Services are available round the clock.
* Duty Doctor is available round the clock.
* Super Speciality doctors are available on call from resident quarters .
* Emergency services are available for all specialities ( Medicine, Surgery, Orthopaedics, Obs & Gyn, Paediatrics & Anaesthesia ) as listed in the OPD Service.
There are nine major Operation Theaters and Operation Theaters.
Emergency Operation Theatre is functioning round the clock. In serious cases, treatment/management gets priority over paper work like registration and medico-legal requirements.
Various outpatient services available in the hospital are detailed below
TB & Chest
Obstetric & Gynec.
Burns & plasticsurgey
In OPDs specialists are available for consultation.
OPD services are available on all working days excluding Sundays and Gazetted Holidays from 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM.
Routine: Laboratory Services are provided in the field of (as available):
* Cytology including FNAC
There is a Central Collection Centre for receiving and collecting various specimens for testing. Specimens are received round the clock.
Emergency Laboratory Services are available 24 hours for limited tests relating to clinical pathology and bio-chemistry.
Blood Bank is functioning round the clock to provide adequate blood in case of emergencies.
Radio Diagnostic Services:
These services include:
Emergency: Emergency X-Ray services are also available round the clock. CT scan services are also available round the clock.
Indoor Patient Services:
* 650 Beds are available for various departments for providing excellent Inpatient Care.
* There is a 25 bedded Intensive Care Unit for care of seriously ill patients.
* A 5 Bedded Intensive Coronary Care Unit takes care of heart patients requiring intensive treatment.
* There is 1 labour room for conducting deliveries with provision to do Caesarian sections round the clock.
* Intensive Care Unit is also available for Neonates and Paediatric cases.
All indoor patients receive treatment under the guidance and supervision of concerned specialists during office hours i.e. 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM.
* Outside office hours, treatment is given by doctor on duty of concerned specialty and Super specialists are available on call.
* Free diet is provided to all patients in the General Wards.
* Every patient is given one attendant pass.
* Visitors are allowed only between 12.30 PM to 1.30 PM & 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
* Investigations like CT scan, Barium-meal, ECHO, TMT etc. are charged for as per Government approved rates.
* Admitted patients should contact the Staff Nurse for any medical assistance they need.
Other facilities available include:
Cold Drinking Water, Wheel chairs and trolleys are available in the OPD and casualty. 10 Ambulances are available to pick up patients from their places (on payment of nominal charges) and also for discharged patients. Mortuary Van is available on payment, Round the clock. Public Telephone Booths are provided at various locations. Stand-by Electricity Generators have been provided. All Out patients are given medicine in the fre pharmacy of the hospital and medicines not available can be purchased at the chemist Shops available inside the hospital campus. Canteen for patients and their attendants is available.
Adequate toilet Facilities for use of patients and their attendants are available.
Complaints & Grievances:
There will be occasions when our services will not be up to your expectations.
Please do not hesitate to register your complaints. It will only help us serve you better. Every grievance will be duly acknowledged. We aim to settle your genuine complaints within 10 working days of its receipt.
Suggestions/Complaint boxes are also provided at various locations in the hospital. If we cannot, we will explain the reasons and the time we will take to resolve.
Name, designation and telephone number of the nodal officer concerned is duly displayed at the Reception.
Dr.A. Momon Singh., MD,FIAFM
Tele: (O) 044-27529301
Meeting Hours 3.00 PM to 4.00 PM
Responsibilities of the Users:
The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our users.
Please try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning. On an average more than 5 lacs patients attend the OPD annually and more than 1 lacs patients are attended annually in the casualty and emergency wards.Please do not inconvenience other patients.Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean. Please use the facilities of this hospital with care. Beware of Touts.The Hospital is a â€œNo Smoking Zone and smoking is a Punishable Offence. Please refrain from demanding undue favours from the staff and officials as it encourages corruption. Please provide useful feedback & constructed suggestions. These may be addressed to the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.
* No Smoking Please
* Dont split here & there
* Use Dustbin
* Keep Hospital Clean
* Give regards to Ladies and Senior Citizens